PDA

View Full Version : Good luck trying to see X-2 this weekend

Scooter2000
May 3rd, 2003, 10:21 AM
I went last night (Friday) to my local theater and it was showing on 2 screens all shows were sold out. I went today and still no luck. The next available tickets were Sunday at 5: PM. So I finally scored three tickets.

This reminds me of any opening of a Star Wars movie.

I guess it's safe to say who the Box office champion is this weekend.

I hope this movie lives up to the hype.

Congratulations Bryan and Tom!

jewels
May 5th, 2003, 04:52 PM
So what did you think Scooter?

It did 59 million more this weekend than it's closest competitor Lizzie Macguire. US box office only. Lead story at Variety online this morning. Hope Universal Execs. are crying in their beer tonight. Fools. Short-sighted fools.

Payback.

Scooter2000
May 6th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by jewels
So what did you think Scooter?

I didn't see it yet.:( For more details read this.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2982

BTW Happy belated Birthday!

Dawg
May 6th, 2003, 02:44 PM
I didn't get to it, either - and I won't be able to for at least another week. :cry:

But I'm going to, and my ticket stub is STILL being mailed!!!!!

:p

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

KJ
May 7th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Damn sounds harsh, over here in England it's quite easy to see it. i plan on going again to see X2 soon before the Matrix Reloaded build up hits.

I must say i avoided the comic book adaptation for weeks since Marvel foolishly as always for bizarre reasons releases a comic book adaptation weeks before the release of the movie. IT'S DIFFERENT????

It must be based on the early version of the script. As it contains the "Danger Room", and many variations of scenes in the film. Doesn't contain any deleted scenes or anything but i an interesting view of stuff Singer, DeSanto and co would have done since the "Danger Room" sequences were dropped from the film all together.

We're getting Marvel's triple whammy this year. Last year we had Blade 2 and Spider-Man. This year so far we've gotten Daredevil and X2 down.

Now, bring on the Hulk!

KJ