PDA

View Full Version : profile views?

drs
March 2nd, 2003, 08:54 PM
Are there any front/rear/top/bottom/sideviews of Stevew's BSG out there. I want to do some renderings, but I need in 3ds format. I've tried his truespace download(GREAT BTW), but none of the tex maps are included. If anyone could help, much appreciated.

michaelfaries
March 3rd, 2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by drs
Are there any front/rear/top/bottom/sideviews of Stevew's BSG out there. I want to do some renderings, but I need in 3ds format. I've tried his truespace download(GREAT BTW), but none of the tex maps are included. If anyone could help, much appreciated.
Hey Steve - you know where the conversions can go. ;)

drs: We'll see what we can do for you via our BattlestarPegasus.com site. I'm looking forward to seeing what you render, too!

Michael
:colwar:

michaelfaries
March 3rd, 2003, 12:08 AM
Since you're brand new, how about introducing yourself? :colwar: We'd love to know more about you, particularly as an artist interesting in Battlestar Galactica.

Michael
:colwar:

Stevew
March 3rd, 2003, 06:20 AM
Hi DRS and welcome. The maps don't convert you will have to do your own. Mariln Studios has a great space tex CD. I am not really sure what is available out there. 3D explorer should convert the .cob file. Maybe Fab or Darrell could post a LW meshe, it would be better to convert.
Michael as we get more converted meshes, could we just post them at pegasis?
S:D :D

drs
March 3rd, 2003, 06:31 PM
I am a carpenter by trade. Modeling is completely new to me, but I watched the series when it first aired in '78. I am currently working on low polygon modeling(under 2000). I started trying to make a game mod, but it was too tiresome bymyself. I watch everyone here and want to try to make some good quality renders. I have David Kerin's BSG and I loved it...except for the belly. Steve, yours is even better than the replica of Jim K's.IMHO. I need to find a place to host my renders for you all. I am going to try renderosity..

Stevew
March 3rd, 2003, 06:40 PM
Drs
Renderosity is a great place, I have a gallery there
http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=Stevew
There are some conversions as I said before there may be some meshe conversions pop up and when Michael has time LOL he can post them at Pegasus. For now 3d Explorer is suppose to be very good at converting.
Maybe Darrell could post his LW conversion?:D :D
Steve:)

drs
March 4th, 2003, 02:43 PM
Steve, I have watched your work from the shadows and would love to actually see your mesh's in live action. I appreciate all help and suggestions. I have ideas for non-cannon vessels, but am unable to finish the mesh's yet.

Stevew
March 4th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Time to come out of the shadows and with any luck...........
S:D :D :D