PDA

View Full Version : *GROAN*... or, anyone else have a stock market horror story?

Micheleh
February 4th, 2003, 08:29 PM
I knew things were going to look bad but I had no idea... just got my year end statement. I took a nearly $10,000 loss this year between Microsoft and Cisco. I'm just glad I don't have a mortgage or similar right now. I hope everyone else had the sense to diversify, and weren't hit so hard.

*sigh*

Muffit
February 5th, 2003, 05:14 PM
So sorry to hear of your misfortune Micheleh. I don't know if it's any comfort, my parents have lost far more and they were counting on it as retirement income :(. Cisco is a big shock, they were expected to be the best of the best just a short while ago.

I sincerely hope things turn around soon and you recoup your loss. As Uhura would say, "All my hopes..."

:muffit:

Micheleh
February 5th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Thanks! I feel for your parents, I really do. My mom is havign a hard time, too- fortunately everything is paid for. So many people literally lost everything. It's easy to sometimes lose sight of that.

I am grateful for everything I have, and all my friends. :)

Muffit
February 5th, 2003, 06:11 PM
Ooh, I just noticed, under your avatar it says you're from Arizona -- that's where my folks live! Small world... :)

:muffit:

emerita
February 7th, 2003, 08:41 AM
I don't dabble in the stock market. I am a big chicken...I keep my money under my mattress and I have a big dog...lol....just kidding about the mattress....but not about the dog.....

repcisg
February 7th, 2003, 09:23 AM
I moved all my monies into closed end funds a while back, they are heavely regulated and pay some of the best dividends. My best to date is ACG they are up and paying 11%.

Hope this helps.

Micheleh
February 7th, 2003, 10:00 AM
"Ooh, I just noticed, under your avatar it says you're from Arizona -- that's where my folks live! Small world..."

Arizona is beautiful! Just forget about getting a decent wage, lol.

"I moved all my monies into closed end funds a while back....."

Really! I'll have to remember that! Thanks! :)

Flamingo Girl
February 7th, 2003, 08:07 PM
I can't imagine HAVING $10,000 to loose.