PDA

View Full Version : Still a lot to look forward to for classic BSG fans in 2003

peter noble
December 24th, 2002, 09:55 AM
There's obviously a lot of negativity going around a the moment so I'd just like to add something positive.

We've got a 25 year celebration to look forward to.

A DVD set.

Action firgures.

Trading card sets.

A new behind the scenes book.

Richard Hatch's new book.

Various secret projects undertaken by various fans.

We've still got us, this worldwide rag-tag fleet, that's kept the faith for 25 years, and will continue to keep the flame of the true Battlestar Galactica alive.

Remember there's always hope, the one true message this wonderful show has given us.

Merry Christmas Everybody,

Peter

David Kerin
December 24th, 2002, 08:27 PM
and if this horrible version of Moore's comes to pass it will be even more on our shoulders to keep the original alive.

Actually I suspect Moore's version may spawn a greater appreciation of the original, and cause many to notice how good it really was.

Merry Christmas to all.

Muffit
December 24th, 2002, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the positive thoughts Peter :). And David, you're right. Even the infamous G80 had a good side - we appreciated the original that much more, just as we do now with the planned reimagining. As Jim Kirk once said, "I like to think there are always... possibilities..."

Merry Christmas everyone!

:muffit:

captmiloman
December 27th, 2002, 04:55 PM
I emailed the toy company who had been interested in producing a classic Galactica line. The response I got back went something like this, "We currently don't have the license. Maybe someone else?" Whoever gets the lisence, I want to see Tigh, Apollo, Boomer, Sheba, Cain, and other characters released that weren't released by Mattel. Mattel had the right idea, but not enough characters, and articulation. The warriors should have laser pistols with functioning holsters, battle jackets, and viper pilot helmets. Vehicles should include vipers(within proper scale of the figures), raiders(possibly with three cylon pilots as a pack in), the Colonial Shuttle, and the landram. Playsets should include the Galactica bridge, the officers' lounge, warriors' quarters, and the Cylon command chamber(with either Baltar or Imperious Leader as a pack in). This is what I'd be willing to spend my hard earned dollars on.

KJ
December 27th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Hey this reminds me, what happened to those "Treadmasters" toys and figures that were out during the mid 90's during the same time along with the Maximum Press Battlestar Galactica comic books? Got those 1996 BG Trading cards though.

KJ :cool:

captmiloman
December 27th, 2002, 06:04 PM
The only item I picked up from the Trendmasters line was the Viper with the sound effects. I passed on the other stuff. I wasn't very impressed with the figures.

KJ
December 27th, 2002, 09:21 PM
I remember they had the "War of The Gods" white uniform Starbuck figure, dark grey looking Cylon Centurions! Gold uniform muscular looking Starbuck Imperious leader very "Reptillian looking" and very few other bits and bobs, not much eh?

Should BG come back as a continuation should that remake fall through (It damn well better) The should either develop a long line of figures that have every character from BG main cast. First edition run of figures. Secondary cast (supporting cast) as a Second edition! then the exculsive line i.e. special charcters like the "Borellian Nomen", "Borays", "Eastern Alliance/Western Nationals", "Ship of light Beings"(Seraphs) Count Iblis.

Not bad, your very own collectable Battlestar Galactica figures sets!

KJ

December 28th, 2002, 03:08 AM
Are the DVDs still coming?

michaelfaries
December 28th, 2002, 03:39 AM
I know someone who may be receiving an advanced copy. (It isn't me, though.) Hopefully I'll learn enough to pass along the details. It's due to him "within the next quarter" (ie. three months) IF he even gets it.

Michael
:colwar: