PDA

View Full Version : Attention all action figure fiends!

Captain Chirri
March 19th, 2010, 07:25 AM
I couldn't tell if action figures count as models, so unless someone tells me different, they are.

I have a friend over at megomuseum.com. who is currently making bounty hunter armor kits for mego-esque figures.

If you are under the age of 35-40, and have NO idea as to what I'm talking about, go to www.megomuseum.com, click on the forums link and have a look around at all of the talent that is there. If you want to post comments, then you have to join, but no biggie, it's free registration, and the folks there are friendly.

Anywho, I asked him if he could make 1:9 scale BG helmets for figures of the same size. He said that he could so I took a Captain Apollo Helmet from the 1:6 size figure, along with the blaster, and sent them off to him.

I have seen his stuff, and even if you aren't into bounty hunters or storm troopers, you will love his stuff!

The detail is great!

Anyway, he is going to ask another member of the board if she can make jackets in the same scale for both male and female figures.

If she has the time, she probably will. She is a very talented seamstress, and her stuff is way better than the commercial grade junk that is out there.

So, if anyone is interested at all, PM me, and let me know. She will more than likely need a minimum number of orders to fill at 'X' amount of dollars in order to make a bit of a profit. Don't worry, she won't gouge anyone.

monolith21
March 20th, 2010, 01:46 AM
I love mego figures! I still have my Superman, Batman, and Robin mego figures. I used to want the Star Trek ones do bad.

Keep me posted, this would be awesome to have!

Captain Chirri
March 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Mind you, we are just looking to replicate the jackets, helmets, and blasters. Of course, I can point out those who are interested to places where you can get bodies, heads, suits and boots from.

I can also steer you away from the ones that have crap bodies and heads.

For bodies, go to these places: www.drmego.com; and castaway toys.com.

If you want vinyl male heads, go to classictvtoys.com, and get a few of the loose male heads.

One person I know used a Jefferson D'Arcy for Starbuck, and a Tony Vedeschi for Apollo. Believe it or not, they DO work.

For female heads and excellent bodies, DocMego is your man. However, the female head only comes in Caucasian, so if you want her to become African-American or whatever, a dye job, face repaint and hair reroot is in order.

To skip all that, get the new Lt. Uhura doll that EMCE came out with. or even some vintage ones that you can get on Ebay.

I even managed to score the African-American Dinah-mite figure, but she's pretty rare.

Doc's bodysuits are all made in China, as are the boots, etc. Get the tall Klingon boots, and cut the top off so that they are even all the way around.

Doc also sells the EMCE new Star Trek figures on his site. Just click the appropriate link.