PDA

View Full Version : Linking to other BBoards

Hito
December 20th, 2002, 10:32 AM
I'd like to discourage cross linking to threads on other BBoards, especialy the Sci-Fi Board.
Particularly if you are just posting to an argument or conflict you are involved in there, that involves a specific member.

Let them do there thing on SF and we will do our thing here.
Cross posting only encourages those people to come here to defend there position/viewpoint/name and bring the same kind of drama here as they have there.

December 28th, 2002, 05:38 AM
I agree with that. The one board where I'm a mod (of which I am proud of) actually discourages cross linking sites. We don't want fights over there nor do the Admin. staff (me and two others) have the time to moderate a fight being brought from another board. We would just have to ban people. that's not something we like to do and it isn't a good policy to live by.

Colonial Coyote
January 7th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Uh, sorry, I cross-linked to a Star Wars board but as a gesture of inviting people to stop by and visit, maybe join the discourse-- not as a challenge. Are friendly links okay?

thomas7g
January 7th, 2003, 01:23 AM
I believe so.

We are more discouraging of the "Look what that lame a$$ ____ posted over at the whateverboards". That kind of stuff causes flamewars which we don't need over here.

Raymar3d
January 15th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Hi gracious hosts!

I just wanted to also suggest that news and information should be shared and not discouraged.

Just my humble opinion.

Ken

Hito
January 15th, 2003, 09:37 PM
News and info is fine

not bringing a fight from over there into this house.