PDA

View Full Version : Skiffy TOS Battlestar Galactica forum back in business

BST
September 29th, 2009, 06:33 PM
So, come and join your friends as we continue to re-build the TOS Galactica fleet!!

Battlestar Galactica TOS forum (http://forums.syfy.com/index.php?showforum=75)

:)

Gemini1999
September 30th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Why do I need to go back to the Skiffy board to discuss TOS BSG? Wasn't all the fuss and strife that occurred on that board that was part of the genesis of this site? As I remember, when I started out seeking out online boards to discuss BSG back in 2003, it was members of this site that rescued me from that hellhole....

Oh, sure - there might be a TOS themed board at Skiffy, there has been for a very long time, but it's never been a decent place to discuss the original BSG, unless you're willing to put up with some of the idiots and malcontents that populate the forums over there.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Bryan

peter noble
September 30th, 2009, 11:34 AM
unless you're willing to put up with some of the idiots and malcontents that populate the forums over there.

Actually, you don't have to put up with them, the GOOD thing about the boards is that you can actually physically block out the idiots and malcontents via the ignore this user feature.

Problem solved.

Gemini1999
September 30th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Actually, you don't have to put up with them, the GOOD thing about the boards is that you can actually physically block out the idiots and malcontents via the ignore this user feature.

Problem solved.

Peter -

That's true, but I can do that here and at ToK. I did peek at the forum, but the topics seem to be duplicates of the ones that are posted here and at ToK. I just don't see the point in having multiple conversations about the same thing in 3 different places. I'll just stick with CF and ToK for the time being.

Bryan

BST
September 30th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Bryan,

It's fine. This thread is simply an open invitation for anyone to help "grow the fleet" so to speak. There are folks that have memberships on Skiffy that don't know anything about Fleets and some of them are very nice.

We're not suggesting that anyone abandon Fleets or TOK -- hell, this place is my home and I wouldn't leave it for all the gold in Fort Knox -- but, if they would like to help spread the word, there's another safe haven at the Skiffy TOS Galactica forum.

:)

Athene
October 3rd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks for posting the link. :)
Gonna go check the board out.
I do consider CF and ToK my home away from home. :salute: