PDA

View Full Version : Emergency please post at sci-fi board ASAP

SS1
December 16th, 2002, 02:24 PM
I mentioned before that we are being watched and whoever is posting with the handle sonoftreklord is destroying this fanbase.
He or she is having an obscene postathon.
I'm sure the media will like that.

We could either:

a) Go over there and drown it out with positive posts

b) Have everyone complain at the same time to the administrators to have this person's post deleted.

c) I don't have a plan C

Who ever has done this may have signed the death certificate to BSG. Thank you sonoftreklord! (whoever you are)

michaelfaries
December 16th, 2002, 02:54 PM
bump

December 16th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Link please

SS1
December 16th, 2002, 03:16 PM
http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/531?lnum=10815

December 16th, 2002, 03:25 PM
Thanks Scooter.

I am not sure what you want me to do, but I have posted :)

Sci-Fi
December 16th, 2002, 03:37 PM
With all the agendas, my first instinct is to say this is Treklord himself, trying to make his enemies, us, look psychotic. In fact, I'd put money on it. I hate the fact that the scifi board has made me think like this. You don't take anything at face value anymore, all you see is X = 5 + 3 - Paul Tigh, and then you try and figure out the hidden value. I hated algebra, but algebra was harder than seeing what people like sonoftreklord are trying to do.

SS1
December 16th, 2002, 03:59 PM
whatever you posted I am sure it was better than the trash that sonoftreklord put up,

dvo47p
December 16th, 2002, 04:04 PM
Do this to that sonoftreklord

Originally posted by Scooter2000
I mentioned before that we are being watched and whoever is posting with the handle sonoftreklord is destroying this fanbase.
He or she is having an obscene postathon.
I'm sure the media will like that.
We could either:
a) Go over there and drown it out with positive posts
b) Have everyone complain at the same time to the administrators to have this person's post deleted.
c) I don't have a plan C

Who ever has done this may have signed the death certificate to BSG. Thank you sonoftreklord! (whoever you are)

PLAN C:sonoftreklord is flooding this BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Forum with trash <http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/531/316767> send this address a report, <bboard@www.scifi.com>

Treklord, also

Re: his boasted about his access to the IP addresses, http://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/531/316672

Plus he does have a universal email address <devin.richards@universalstudios.com>

FAQ for Scifi's bboard:
"If you see something on BBoard that you feel is inappropriate, the best thing to do is to notify us via e-mail at bboard@www.scifi.com. Please keep in mind that though it may take a number of days to get back to you, we do read the mail you send and act on it where appropriate. In such cases, SCIFI.COM's actions may include (but are not limited to) removing the posts, notifying the member who posted them and suspending or terminating membership."

emerita
December 16th, 2002, 05:09 PM
This poor person is either
A) a child of faternal incest.......
B) has a new computer and can't think of anything intelligent to say....
C) Wife won't let him go to strip bars or talk dirty to her, so instead of slapping her around.......he writes trash about things he knows very little about.........
D) He is mentally deficient in some manner.......
E) he is a teenager with nothing in life to look forward to...refer back to reason A.

My question is what idiot would post such things with a viable e-mail address.....This poor buggar isn't thinking properly and probably a disgruntled , burned out,Universal employee.......refer back to reason D.......

He should be deleted and banned.....His manner is not appropriate in any forum, (Not even the Sci-Fi forum), but he appears to fit right in with the rest of the poor buggars that spew distane.

It is this person's opinion that no one is taking him seriously. It is good that no one has answered him in an arguementive manner..... for that is what he is hoping for so he can take out his frustrations.....refer back to reason C.

Cosmic Cleric
December 16th, 2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by dvo47p
Plus he does have a universal email address <devin.richards@universalstudios.com>

Has anyone actually emailed him at this address and gotten a reply back?

The reason I ask is because when I used to do some contracting work for the music group, the email addresses we used were "@unistudios.com", and NOT "@universalstudios.com". Now I'm not 100% sure that emails that end with "@universalstudios.com" exist, but I never saw any, and any internal emails that I did went to "@unistudios.com" email addresses.

FYI.

Oh, and "Hello!" I lurk mostly, so pardon my lack of introducing myself before. :)

emerita
December 16th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Welcome Cosmic Cleric......

I don't know very much about e-mail addresses. I always thought that a forum would reject e-mails that weren't viable... I know that I miswrote mine once when I was signing up on a board and it threw it back at me and I had to retype it.......but like I said ...I'm not up on how everything works....

dvo47p
December 16th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Just out of curiosity if you where say oh, my wife, you would let me go to a strip bar, if so could I have a 'lap dance'? I guess that would have me coming home in a 'romantic' mood, just speaking hypotheticly, on this entire subject.

Hi honey, I'm home, has a whole new meaning.........................

emerita
December 16th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Sure I would..... if you were my husband and you let me go to a male strip club and let me have a lap dance with a hunk.....I am secure enough in myself to know that you would be happy to come home to me....and anyway, most of those gals are hard working married women and moms.....Not all....but many( 75%), and doing a lap dance is just a job that hopefully will get a great tip...........and yes,...... I do have an inside track.......:rolleyes: :naughty:

Stevew
December 16th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Welcome CC hope you don't lurk anymore
Steve:D :D :D

jewels
December 16th, 2002, 06:40 PM
welcome Cosmic Cleric, and do let us know your take on stuff more often.
Jewels

KJ
December 16th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Dvo i have a hard time to believe in the sci-fi boards ability to supend or ban anyone. I admit i get caught up in a lot of crap over there but i don't want any of it, i rather post subjects on old BG then contend with the usual Languatron rants like:

1) Vivendi Universal the cause of TV mind numbing sci-fi garbage produced out of the Hollywood cookie clutter

2)Barry Diller and Bonnie hammer are going to rape me of my childhood memories by producing this Battlestar Sexlactica

That list typing donkey done more damage to that Bboard along with his merry trolls than anybody else thats for sure.

KJ

Cosmic Cleric
December 16th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Thanks to all for the hellos.

I tend not to post much because I usually agree with what I read here (continuation wise that is), so I don't usually have anything to add.

I found this site quite a whiie ago while viewing one of Michael Farie's sites, based on Space 1999. Both shows I like allot, so I ended up lurking here from there on.

I came "out of the woodwork" a couple of days ago over on the Sci-Fi board because of all of the crap postings by Universal-types. No matter what side of the "continuation" issue you may be on, that kind of garbage propaganda posting just irked me to no end. Debates I can deal with, propaganda just pisses me off!

I was a little scared to introduce myself right now, since there were so many "new" handles besieging this and Sci-Fi's web sites; I've always been a victum of lousy timing! :)

Thanks again and take care!

crash4587
December 16th, 2002, 07:33 PM
welcome, stick around, everybody counts!

LucianG
December 16th, 2002, 08:32 PM
In an effort to send something constructive to Ron Moore, in what I recognize is most likely a futile attempt, I've sent three messages to TrekLord but all have bounced back as something along the lines of addressee is unknown. He claimed that he had to change his address due to the e-mail bomber that hit him the other day.

Cosmic Cleric, welcome to CF! We're glad to have you on board.

repcisg
December 16th, 2002, 09:28 PM
Welcome Cosmic Cleric!

Afan2
December 17th, 2002, 03:37 AM
RGrant wrote:

With all the agendas, my first instinct is to say this is Treklord himself, trying to make his enemies, us, look psychotic. In fact, I'd put money on it. I hate the fact that the scifi board has made me think like this. You don't take anything at face value anymore, all you see is X = 5 + 3 - Paul Tigh, and then you try and figure out the hidden value. I hated algebra, but algebra was harder than seeing what people like sonoftreklord are trying to do.

I'd put money on that too. :mad:

emerita
December 17th, 2002, 06:42 AM
I feel that the average person reading these forums will be able to read through the intent of the trolls like sonoftreklord. I can almost bet that the upper echelon at Universal/ Sci-Fi are waiting for us "fans" to destroy ourselves. This guy may even be a plant at a last ditch effort to push us to destroy the forums. We are stronger than that and this one miserable person and whomever he works for should not be able to destroy everything that this forum has worked for with mere words, and that is all they are, meaningless words..... The best thing for us to do is be polite but subliminally patronizing. Treat him like an angry child testing the parents. He wants to get us crazy. I have read a few of his posts from the link given earlier. He appeared to be rambling at no one in particular. He focused his posts on himself with subliminal shots at different famous icons and shows. Call me crazy, but I don't think that he is working alone. I bet there is a paycheck in this for him. I was particularly proud that no one has been baited into arguing with him; that being his sole intent, to make us look bad......sorry, didn't mean to get on a soapbox..and this is only my opinion.....

Apothis
December 17th, 2002, 06:56 AM
But how is sonoftreklord's post any different than the Smig family or the post by Kingjason1 attacking KJ? To me that look like they are coming from the same sexually deprived person.

emerita
December 17th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Apothis
But how is sonoftreklord's post any different than the Smig family or the post by Kingjason1 attacking KJ? To me that look like they are coming from the same sexually deprived person.

yes....with a paycheck in their pocket........maybe I am wrong, but I have run up against a very unstable angry person on another board that was so angry that if he had a weapon, there would have been deaths. You could read the psychosis in his posts. and this is so different....to different. This person isn't attacking out of hate for the continuation fans...he is rambling,demeaning the icons that we love, trying to get an arguement going...like his thoughts are not his own.