PDA

View Full Version : Extreeeeeemly OT: Baltimore's holiday spirit.

Flamingo Girl
December 15th, 2002, 07:41 PM
This has nothing whatever to do with BSG, but I wanted to share it with yous guys. This has been a Baltimore tradition for many years, and is a source of civic pride. Beyond that, it's just plain beautiful. So, take a break, and take a peek, hon.

http://www.christmasstreet.com

Flamingo Girl
December 16th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Was it too off topic?

dah66
December 16th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Hey, Hon!

I'm from Maryland and I've always seen this on Channel 13 news but never found the time to make it down. Funny how you can have something so cool so close and never experience it. Maybe this year I'll take my wife (my Parkville honey) and my kid to check it out.

Thanks!

jewels
December 16th, 2002, 12:55 PM
that's pretty fun!

Flamingo Girl
December 16th, 2002, 09:57 PM
I went tonight after work and gave my digital camera a workout. I'm thinking about going again tomorrow. It is really incredible in person. Definately worth braving the cold.

dvo47p
December 17th, 2002, 05:32 PM
I watched my niece play field hockey @ Roland Park Country School. I'm going up to Md. for Christmas, thanks I'll check it out.

It will drive my sister nuts, that I know this stuff about her part of the country. She just thinks I only drop in only between duck/goose hunting trips & Redskin games.

Flamingo Girl
December 17th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Well, this is Hampden, and one of the reasons I love it so. I have yet to see "Pecker", tho. The guy who owns the sub shop they filmed in keeps saying he's going to sell copies of it there, but he hasn't yet.

I love that there is an entire website devoted to just this neighborhood, a small part of a big city.

dvo47p
December 19th, 2002, 02:06 PM
That those two evil killers have been caught, Flamingo Girl is that beautiful Christmas town Hampden in Montgomery or Baltimore Co.? It is near/or on the way to, the Johns Hopkins campus, right?

Flamingo Girl
December 19th, 2002, 07:23 PM
It's in Baltimore City.
Hampden is one of the neighbourhoods, and the website the link is for is actually a section of one of the streets.
And yes, it is very near the JHU campus.