PDA

View Full Version : Comic Con 2008?

monolith21
July 9th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Thought I'd ask again. Anyone going? I'll be there all four days and preview night! I'd love to meet up with some fellow fleets members!

spcglider
July 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I finally got information about where I'll be at SDCC and when.

The booth is actually under the name "Adventure Retail, Inc."

They gave us our scheduled times for at the booth. This is MINIMUM time. We'll probably squeek more out of the convention than this, but hey, its a good start.

Wednesday (Preview Nite)......NA
Thurs, Fri, Sat.......................Noon - 2:00 pm
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Sunday.................................Noon - 2:00 pm

It looks like we're alternating the slot with Aaron & Christie Williams. Aaron created the comic "Nodwick" and "Full Frontal Nerdity". At least that's what Google tells me.

-Galactica Geek Forever...Gordon Smuder (and Furry J. Ackermonster)
Transylvania Television
www.transylvania-tv.com

spcglider
July 11th, 2008, 02:20 PM
BTW: If you don't have a pass for SDCC by now, you can pretty much forget going.

They capped registration at 150,000 people per day or something like that.

Last I checked, they had ONLY Thursday and Sunday one day passes left any they were 50% gone.

-Gordon

monolith21
July 12th, 2008, 01:48 AM
It'll be interesting to see how things work out with the caps. I admit that for the past five years or so its been getting kinda crazy. Stinks for those who thought it was going to be just like every other year where they could get tickets at the door.

I'll definitely try to get over there and see ya! Ya probably won't recognize me but if you see a goofy guy asking around about a guy who is really into Galactica...thats probably me.

Oh and I think you just made me a life long fan of Transylvania t.v. Rad. Just rad.

monolith21
July 13th, 2008, 03:08 AM
Tom DeSanto will be at the 30th anniversary panel. That should be pretty cool.

CBSG4ever
July 13th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Hey Mark! How ya doin'? Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to this years Con. Couldn't swing it. :cry: I do need to ask you a favor though. I'll send you a PM about it.

spcglider
July 16th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Tom DeSanto will be at the 30th anniversary panel. That should be pretty cool.

I'm going to TRY to make it to that panel if possible, but I have a very specific time available to me at the table space I am using for TVTV. So it's possible I might be missing a BUNCH of very good panels that I would normally attend.

But I told my "sponsors" and my wife that I'd be manning that table EVERY MICRON it was available to me. I'll make that sacrifice just on the off chance that somebody (like a producer type) wanders by and thinks TVTV is something cool.

I'm absolutely dedicated.

-Gordon :salute:

Sarika
July 17th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Hey Mark! How ya doin'? Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to this years Con. Couldn't swing it. :cry: I do need to ask you a favor though. I'll send you a PM about it.

You mean I won't be able to hitch a ride around in your back pack this yahren like last yahren, Steve?:wtf:

Well, what this world coming to anyhow?:/:(:D:LOL:)

dilbertman
July 17th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Thought I'd ask again. Anyone going? I'll be there all four days and preview night! I'd love to meet up with some fellow fleets members!

I'll be there. Sorry for coming late to the party, PM me for my cell so we can meet up some where. That goes for anyone else that's going to be there.

Jim:salute:

dilbertman
July 29th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Some what back from Comic Con, helping a friend move. Will try to post pic's asap.

Jim

Athene
July 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Looking forward to seeing the pictures. :)

spcglider
August 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM
And........no. I didn't make it to the panel. in fact, I didn't make it to ANY panels about ANYTHING. And i didn't get any pictures of anything either. My wife took shots of stuff, but all I managed t do is get some pics of the owl ship from Watchmen.

Otherwise, it was all about dealing with the schedule I had for displaying my show at the Adventure Retail booth. The hours were split up so I didn't have time to stand in line for anything during the day or I'd miss time at the booth... which is why I was there in the first place.

The schedule was particularly labor intensive because if we weren't at the table, we were getting something to eat or delivering more advertising postcards to the freebie table or just simply maintaining our tenuous grasp of a reasonable state of health and sanity.

In the end, I didn't run into any amazing hungry producers who wanted to pick up the show... which lads me to think all about how I should have been walking around with the puppets in between hours at the table, etc. But fer cryin' out loud!!! I'd be DEAD now if I did that. Not that it wasn't do-able, just that I'm not in that kind'a shape TO DO that any more. LOL!!

-Gordon