PDA

View Full Version : New Sci-fi film starring Richard Hatch released !

Darrell Lawrence
February 23rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Well... after all this time, I finally got around to watching this.

All I can say is... on one hand, I liked it. A lot. On the other, I didn't like it. A lot.

Two extremes, and here's why...

GOOD: The story. The story itself was excellent. Great premise that is rarely touched on in scifi- Is an alien offspring REALLY your alien offspring, and does it have rights? The way it's played out, story-wise, is good. The actors did fine jobs, given the...

BAD: Low budget. I think if this had a higher budget, it would have looked a hell of a lot better on screen, with better "surroundings" for the actors to interact with. Additionally, there is little to no action in the story. Better budget I am sure would have aloud for an action scene or two. The court room scenes... I can think of a lot of questions and facts that should have been there, especially to counter some of the presentations by both sides. They had the right idea, but it wasn't executed as well as I thought it should be.

The actors: The only real HONEST prob I had with the actors was two things- Marina Sirtis is looking OLD in this. And Hatch? He's got a little doctor gal young enough to be his GRANDAUGHTER having a sexual relationship with him. Now... having met Richard in real life, he IS like that. But damn... I'm jealous :LOL:

Over-all, I give InAlienable a B- grade, mostly for effort and ideas.