PDA

View Full Version : The Next Big Galactica Project

bionicbob
October 19th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Now that Mr. David Kerin's SAGA OF A STARWORLD re-edit has been released online (which is spectacular!!! :thumbsup: if you have not watched it yet, do so right now!) I was thinking what the next big Galactica project should be....

Do you think it would be possible to create an original episode by editting different scenes from the series (along with deleted scenes) into a coherant story? If I remember correctly, the vhs movie Mission Galactica was an editing of Living Legend and Fire In Space together. Maybe we could accomplish the same thing?

If we all submitted scene and plot ideas, maybe we could craft an outline for an episode. And maybe, after Mr. Kerin has had a well deserved rest, and if he thinks it is feasible, we could convince him to construct the episode and effects for us? So what do you all think? How about it Mr. Kerin, do you think such a project would be do-able???? :blink:

ernie90125
October 19th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Well to take the pressure of David a bit ! ..... we do have other major projects to look forwards to. For example, there is The 14th Colony which is a full 45 minute episode, check out www.battlestarfanfilm.org

Sandy has been doing an audio series called Exodus, which hasn't had any new episodes released for some time, but hopefully more will be along soon.

I am aware of a few other bits and bobs, one which *may* be major, which could be things to look forwards to....for smaller project check out my website www.battlestarfanfilms.com which hasn't been updated for a while, but hopefully will be soon.

Things are happening......keep the faith !!!!!

David Kerin
October 19th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I've tried to think of ways to cut scenes together to a new story, but one problem is that we fans know the scenes so well, in our minds we'd be constantly thinking of what episode the scene was from. I know I would.

I am really looking forward to the 14th Colony episode. I hope other good quality fan films will be made at some time in the near future.

I don't know if I'm going to take on any other fan edits for some time, however I did say that same thing a few months ago. Didn't think I'd do Saga that soon. I think the fans really are the ones with a grasp on what makes Galactica work. And I certainly include Tom DeSanto in that group. I hope he gets his chance.

Qeutzal
October 20th, 2006, 09:44 AM
hi there

I was wondering when will you have that first episode, I would love too see it.