PDA

View Full Version : Cylon Centurion - Poser version beta1

billy-home
August 25th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Hi guys, as promised here's the beta version of the Old version Cylon:

Cylon Centurion - Beta1 (http://billy-home.3dgladiators.com/TOS-Cylon-Centurion_Poser/BH_TOS-Cylon-Centurion_Poser-beta1.zip)

I'm not sure how this is going to work in P4/PPP, since it was rigged in P5 and has dynamic clothing for the back cloth, one of the reasons it's a beta release.

There are a few things not right about it, the anim used for the eye doesn't want to work in this version, it works great in every other prog but Poser, also the dynamic back cloth is still not 100% correct, this was my fist attempt at using this feature and I'm still not totally sure of how to use it, it also needs to be move back on the z-axis a touch.

There's probably a few other things too that I've missed, things you guys will spot, so I'm looking forward to hearing any comments and crits you have.

Once he gets the all clear he'll be uploaded to the meshes section here.

Cheers

Billy

Darrell Lawrence
August 25th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Just say when you are ready, and he'll be added :)

billy-home
August 26th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Will do mate :salute:

billy-home
August 27th, 2006, 03:08 AM
Some problems I can tell you about already, firstly ones I already knew about, the belt, armbands & shoulder armour can give you real problems when the figure is bending, especially in extreme poses.
The same goes for the back cloth.

Second I need to edit the cr2 to fix the problem with the genitalia.

Third there's another problem with the hip/legs connection, I've just had another look at the mesh that makes that part up and it's a real mess, I'll probably have to rebuild that bit from scratch.....as it stands it'll work up to a point, fortunately for us Cylons were never ones for extreme poses, even when they were shot LOL.

Cheers

Billy

xodiaq
August 31st, 2006, 06:12 AM
My hat is off to you!
I own Poser but have never quite gotten the hang of creating materials for it (Im completely 3D stupid) and I've got to say thanks for doing this up for Poser!!

Spry
September 1st, 2006, 09:17 PM
Solid effort for a poser job!

Jan Reinar
September 12th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks! :salute: I will test with Poser 6 and 4.03!

Unimatrix
September 13th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Yet another great model to figure out how to get into Blender...

billy-home
September 13th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Unimatrix, doesn't Blender import obj files? If not we'll sort something else out

I know the Poser obj mesh will be a solid 1 piece affair, but if you like i'll post a link to the individual obj parts I used to set this up in Poser, if that helps, (I'm also doing the same with the original LW version too). I really hope you do get it to work in Blender mate, and if you do, I also hope you release it yourself as a freebie to the community.

Cheers

Billy

xodiaq
September 13th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Billy -

Fabulous job, I just have a quick question… for some reason I keep getting missing files for the silver reflection and the model never comes up with a hip section/crotch... is that something wrong with the one I grabbed or is that an early beta thing?

Very well balanced for pull/push kinetics, BTW!

billy-home
September 13th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Yep your right, the missing hip section is one of the things I need to fix, it's that way because of the base figure I used for the rigging, I need to edit the cr2 to fix that.
The reflection map is usually installed with Poser, but I'll remember to include it with the zip on the next release.

Cheers

Billy

Darrell Lawrence
December 23rd, 2006, 09:26 PM
So is he ready for the Downloads area yet?

billy-home
December 24th, 2006, 12:58 AM
So is he ready for the Downloads area yet?

I suppose he's good enough for the Downloads area as he stands now mate, I've now had a chance to work on him for months, I had to work on the commercial Dystopia products, we decided to upgrade them all before we moved the lot over to DAZ.

I'm going to try and fix the hip/legs over the holiday period, I might give ZBrush a go for these parts this time, since I struggled badly making them in LW.

Cheers

Billy