PDA

View Full Version : Review--Tekken Dark Resurrection for PSP

martok2112
July 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM
VIDEOGAME: TEKKEN:DARK RESURRECTION
DEVELOPER: NAMCO/BANDAI GAMES INC.
PUBLISHER: NAMCO BANDAI GAMES AMERICA
SYSTEMS: SONY PSP
RATING: T (TEEN for Crude Humor, Mild Language, Suggestive Themes, --oh, and Violence)
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 1 (WiFi Ad-Hoc--2 players. Infrastructure for Content Download and Upload only.)

Graphics: 5/5
Sound: 5/5
Control: 5/5
Story: 5/5
Endorphin Factor: 5/5
Frustration Factor: 4/5

Scoring system:
Average: 4.85 /5

GAMES IT COULD BE COMPARED TO: TEKKEN 5, DEAD OR ALIVE, VIRTUA FIGHTER SERIES,

DETAILS: OMG! Those were pretty much the first words going through my mind when I fired this powerhouse of a game up on the little Sony Playstation Portable. This is a sheer beauty to play and watch. Everything from the graphics engine to the sound and control is arcade perfect it would seem. At least, this game looks every bit as good as its Playstation 2 brother, but this game has a lot more features than Tekken 5. Dark Resurrection was released into arcades recently, and now has been exclusively released on the PSP...and does it deliver!

The control scheme is even easily translatable from the PS2's control scheme. Vets at this game will have NO trouble adapting.

Another nice thing about this game (which is an exception compared to the other PSP titles out there), MINIMAL LOADING TIME. That's right, just like it's console brother, Tekken Dark Resurrection keeps the load time to a minimum, and the action to a maximum. Now if only other PSP titles could do the same.

Fighting games have been made before for handheld systems, but none (to my recollection) that were 3D. Tekken Dark Resurrection is the first, and it's already set a high mark of excellence....and can even qualify as one of the better fighters out there, period, regardless of which system you might play fighting games on.

BOTTOM LINE: This game is a must have in your PSP collection. It just proves the power of the PSP as a formidable platform in its own right.

KJ
July 26th, 2006, 08:33 PM
T5-DR should also be on the PS2 with the other Tekken games!

I already have a copy of Tekken 5 to play so it doesn't bother me that Namco have brought out another shameless sequel of another Tekken game. Tekken 6 is in the works for the PS3 game system next year.

Anyways i'm a bigger Virtua Fighter fan as it goes. :cool:

KJ

martok2112
July 27th, 2006, 12:32 AM
They may yet bring it to PS2, amigo. :) Heck, Rockstar brought GTA: Liberty City Stories (a PSP title) to the PS2...so Namco may just do the same thing, at a reduced price like Rockstar did.

(I've always been a Street Fighter II fan meself) :D

KJ
July 27th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Same here, but one had to branch out after a couple of years into the other fighting games.

Like.....

Fatal Fury

The King Of Fighters

Virtua Fighter

Tekken

And various others like 'Killer Instinct' and such. (i wasn't into Mortal Kombat like my friends were though?)

KJ