PDA

View Full Version : Living Legen Open

David Kerin
July 9th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Hi all,

Been playing around with some episodes, doing some re-edits and adding/modifying SFX. All for the fun and enjoyment of that kid that dwells somewhere inside me. Metaphorically speaking of course.

Either way I desided to do a new open for The Living Legend and uploaded a lo-res version if anyone would care to see.

Link to wmv file (2.9m)

http://www.kerindesigns.com/bsg/bsg-ll-open.wmv

Also, here are a couple links to some of the modified footage I've done for a couple eps.

http://www.kerindesigns.com/bsg/eitlasers.wmv

http://www.kerindesigns.com/bsg/hogbattle.wmv

Hope you like,

Dave

ernie90125
July 9th, 2006, 09:16 AM
I've watched all three and they are great pieces of work. Well worth downloading everyone !

Titon
July 9th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Cool David!

:)

kingfish
July 10th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Very cool.

KJ
July 10th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Round of applause :thumbsup: :salute: :cool:

Nice!

HOG battle David Kerin style sure would make for BG episodes in "special edition" format alright!

Do some more Dave in Hi-Res no less? :D

KJ

David Kerin
July 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM
I'm going through the process of putting the Living Legend . First time setting one up and uploading so I'll let you know as soon as it is ready. Then the more that download and seed/share the file the faster it will be for others to download.

I rendered it off in xvid avi format and the entire episode comes out to around 700 mb.

*****UPDATE******

Actually, I think it uploaded successfully.

I uploaded it under the web page:

http://www.demonoid.com

Been very safe and reliable. (Not sure if you need to register to be able to download the torrents. )

If you search their torrents for "battlestar galactica" and be sure to change the drop down filter settings to "TV" under CATEGORY and "both" under STATE (currently is unseeded) you should find the torrent.

torrent named " battlestar galactica tos living legend fan made special edition" Long, I know.

Hope it works out as it is my first torrent upload.

All the best,

Dave

p.s. - is never to be sold or used in any way to make money. Is purely for fan enyoyment. Yada yada yada.

Aussie Warrior
July 10th, 2006, 10:35 PM
excellent pieces of work, makes it great to watch since the same scene isn't played 3 or 4 times an episode.......just need somebody to pick it up now for the big file to download

kingfish
July 11th, 2006, 05:11 AM
I liked what you did with Experiment in Terra. The viper flying under the galactica was cool.

spcglider
July 11th, 2006, 10:12 AM
That is exactly what I was hoping somebody would do! Excellent work!! I love it!

You obviously put in alot of time and effort. You made my eyes very happy!

So... what about re-editing Gun On Ice PLanet Zero to make the Ravashol Pulsar a satellite focusing system instead of a ground-based emitter? That'd solve some BIG questions about the episode! Not all of them, of course, but some!

-Gordon :salute:

David Kerin
July 11th, 2006, 03:48 PM
That would be an interesting one to pull off for "Gun". Have to wrap the brain case around that one.

Was actually thinking of doing something with "Return of Starbuck". There have been a few times where people wanted to do something with it, but think I'd like to try it.

Would get rid of the re-used dialogue from Young Warriors ep. Was thinking maybe an inter atmosphere dogfight between Starbuck and Raider before crash. Maybe they collide which explains both ships falling from the sky near eachother. Also get rid of the lame "he is a good pilot" dialogue of the Cylons.

Would also take out all reference to Dr. Zee and his narration.

Should I keep Angella a "ship of lights" person? Have this image of her on the cliff at the end and the ship of lights appearing behind her. Or her being pushed off the cliff. Okay, maybe not. Never cared for her acting though. A little over the top IMHO.

The big one I would like to do some day is "Saga of a Star World" and re-edit in the Serina sickness segments that were cut. Would have to look at all the deleted scenes again to see if that one is possible.

Of the fun of being a fan in the computer age!

I hope someone starts downloading and seeding the torrent so it can stay online. Would be a nice way to keep them shared. Unless someone has enough web space to host these big files.

And many thanks for the kind words,

Dave

David Kerin
July 11th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Also, in the Living Legend final battle scene, I took out the pseudo laser look that the missiles had and put in actual missiles with a trail. Not wanting it to look like GINO though, but we see the Pegasus fire missiles, so I thought they should look more like missiles.

ernie90125
July 11th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Was actually thinking of doing something with "Return of Starbuck". There have been a few times where people wanted to do something with it, but think I'd like to try it.

Would get rid of the re-used dialogue from Young Warriors ep. Was thinking maybe an inter atmosphere dogfight between Starbuck and Raider before crash. Maybe they collide which explains both ships falling from the sky near eachother. Also get rid of the lame "he is a good pilot" dialogue of the Cylons.

Would also take out all reference to Dr. Zee and his narration.

Great minds think alike David !!!

Please see details of the treatment I proposed a while ago. It was to happen, but alas people let me down and nothing was achieved. Too many people are just talk.

http://www.colonialfleets.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12318

David Kerin
July 11th, 2006, 05:29 PM
I remember some of the various ideas like yours and Sandy's. I think the one thing I want to stay away from is any new "shooting" of characters/scenes. Would be great, but to get it done and fit right, I just don't think it will happen.

With these last projects I've tried to work with what was already there and what I can add to or enhance.

So I'm thinking of making it more a single episode of the original series storyline. No flashing back or anything like that. I was thinking though of a shot of Starbuck taking off in the Raider that was left behind in the desert. Could consider trying to work in the revival of Cy, but the solemn Starbuck feeling remorse for what was once his enemy has a nice ending tone. Especially to be returning to the fleet where he will once again hunt down his enemy.

Damn... now I guess I have to do this episode.

David Kerin
July 11th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I think I have it set up correctly now.

On demonoid.com there are 8 people uploading and I see the data transfer happening.

So should be available on there now.

Thanks,

Dave

David Kerin
July 12th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Hey all,

Right now at demonoid.com there are 8 seeders on the living legend re-edit. Now would be a good time for more to download as it would be faster.

Also if I seem excited, it is m first torrent setup, so please excuse pathetic little me.

Dave

I'm just damn impressed I got it to work.

Aussie Warrior
July 13th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Downloading it now, it will be done in a day at current rate of 7kb per second

David Kerin
July 13th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Hey there aussie,

Went in and changed the upload rate so hopefully it will reflect. There should be other seeders so I think that should help.

If you can let it seed as well for a bit it would be greatly appreciate.

Also please let me know what you think. I plan on doing others and any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Dave

David Kerin
July 13th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Although I upped the upload speed still seems to be seeding at 7-8. Wish I can figure out all this computer technology. Thanks for the patience though. Hope you enjoy.

Aussie Warrior
July 13th, 2006, 05:45 PM
no problem it be worth the download no matter how long it takes

I think those speed increases take time..........it did read at 12kb for a few seconds but definately hovering at 9kb-10kb

EDIT: It's working fine now at 32kb...........19hrs to go instead of 23 and completion time is falling rapidly now 17

David Kerin
July 13th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Kick Arse!

Although it looks like my internet provider had a bit of a problem. Had to reset the modem and such. Looks like it is back up and running.

Aussie Warrior
July 13th, 2006, 07:58 PM
it did drop to 1kb for around an hour but it is back to it's old spot of 10kb, should be done anywhere from 12-18 hours from now

Aussie Warrior
July 15th, 2006, 04:26 AM
David Kerin is an absolute legend

The added scenes work he done on "The Living Legend" is fantastic, it makes Battlestar Galactica alot better because there is more action and the modified scenes make it really look like the Colonials are outnumbered by the Cylons and the fighting around the Galactica and Pegasus looks fierce, theres plenty of other changes in scenes but i don't want to spoil the viewing pleasure

Download it and stick it on a DVD and enjoy it.............makes the original series even more greater to watch

caledonian
July 15th, 2006, 09:48 PM
At the end of HOG you included the Ship of lights relaying the apollo 11 telemetry. How about adding a CGI sequence hinting the fate of the Pegasus after the end credits? :thumbsup:

David Kerin
July 16th, 2006, 08:31 AM
I had thought about that a little, but being it was one of the biggest, and talked about, "mysteries" of the original series, I left it be. It always kept the imagination of the fans... well, imagining what happened.

Also it is known that if the 2nd season happened the Pegasus would have returned, albeit in a manner that I didn't care for in the way Larson had planned. That info is available online in Glen Larson's 2nd season proposal outline. I think it is listed on battlestargalactica.com.

However, if I would ever do anything with War of the Gods, I would like to include somehow what was seen inside the crashed ship. According to the novel it was a cloven hoove. That element being left out always felt awkward to me. Just didn't seem to work.

caledonian
July 16th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I saw the proposed changes. Boomer a nerd, Sheba killed in the first episode, Pegasus taken over by Cylon Androids. To loosely quote one of the articles reviewers" They must have been smoking something". Cain would have destryed Pegasus himself rather than allow it to be captured just out of spite and take a few more gallmonging cylons with him. Fanfics are certainly not tied to Larsons goofy second season proposals. Nor desanto's for that matter. :colonial:

Just a thought:

The Cylon fighters returning from Gamoray would not have flown straight through the expanding debris cloud from the two destroyed cylon basestars (never mind that vipers fly through destroyed raider fragments all the time). Even microscopic fragments could severely damage the craft let alone the larger debris ranging in size from small boulder size fragments to even ship size fragments. Scanning this area would be difficult because of all the false returns ionization and radiation effects lingering from the Pegasus warheads and any volitiles the basestars were carrying (fighter fuel). In all that clutter it would be hard to make a positive ID on anything.

With that in mind:

Fade out of Galactica's Life Station to a cloud of debris including partial section of a cylon basestars destroyed saucer and internal bracings...slowly drifting away from the scene of battle ..a large darkened mass slowly tumbling occasionally catching light from Gamoray's distant sun. We catch a glimpse of severely blackened hull partly obscuring the colonial standard letters P-E-G....... slowly the masses spin starts to slow and stablize .. one or two running lights blink and fail. .... an apetrue in the stern glows red as the darken form stars to move off.... destination unknown.

Sept17th
July 17th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Shiny! I've watched some of this on my Laptop and it is sooooo cool. This is what Universal should have given us a few years ago for the 25th anniversary.

Now I need to figure out how to burn it in the right format so I can watch it on my TV tonight.

Aussie Warrior
July 21st, 2006, 06:48 PM
I used Nero to copy it to a DVD disc and it worked perfectly, taken about 2 hours to copy but it is well worth it

Airwolfnight
July 22nd, 2006, 11:47 AM
Cool Video great Work

David Kerin
July 23rd, 2006, 08:46 AM
Finalizing the re-edit for Return Of Starbuck that removes all of G-1980. Added a bunch of other new bits as well. Will let you know as soon as it is online.

Senmut
August 20th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senmut
August 20th, 2006, 12:20 AM
That is exactly what I was hoping somebody would do! Excellent work!! I love it!

You obviously put in alot of time and effort. You made my eyes very happy!

So... what about re-editing Gun On Ice PLanet Zero to make the Ravashol Pulsar a satellite focusing system instead of a ground-based emitter? That'd solve some BIG questions about the episode! Not all of them, of course, but some!

-Gordon :salute:

Ala the Gamilon reflex gun system, in Starblazers? Cool idea.

TIRex
October 1st, 2006, 07:03 AM
can't get torrent running on my PC :(
has annyone an idea how to get it by another way?

David Kerin
October 1st, 2006, 07:09 PM
My computer that was seeding them on Demonoid has been down for a couple days, so if no one else was seeding there the download wouldn't work. Computer back up and running, so I hope this is some help.

Looking for any other way there is another post about them uploaded to a newsgroup, and another torrent located on torrentbox.

Aussie Warrior
August 5th, 2010, 11:32 PM
Took me a long time to find this thread again but did anybody try watching it on a projector? It was a pretty awesome experience and a shame i only found two of the re-edits laying around my computer would of watched Saga again.