PDA

View Full Version : Mk 1 Viper, modelling finished

Smallworld
May 25th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Hi guys, here are some shots of the Viper finished. This is my first Galactica model ever. I finished it off last night and got these grey renders done. I have to map and texture it now. I started playing around with a Stellar Probe using this forward fuselage while I was waiting for the renders, which is going quite well. Any comments and crits welcome,

Cheers,

Brian.

rjandron
May 25th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Very nicely done!

rduda@akronbras
May 26th, 2006, 07:09 AM
I Like :)

TwoBrainedCylon
May 26th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Brian,

Nice and clean. I like it.

Sandy

Qeutzal
May 27th, 2006, 10:37 PM
looks nice :thumbsup:

Smallworld
May 28th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Thanks everybody! I did a quick model of a Buck Rogers starfighter a while back, but this is my first detailed space model. I will be doing more I think.
Cheers.

dglidden
May 30th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Nice work and detailing!

pappino
June 29th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Excellent detail, Brian. For a first Galactica model... you've done a fantastic job. Will look forward to seeing the model textured.

Smallworld
June 29th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Thanks DG and pappino, I have it textured now. Will be working on a few scenes soon hopefully.

Stevew
June 29th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Really nice, lets see more
S :) :salute:

SilentBob
September 5th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Very nice indeed!!!!!

Viper 04
September 5th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Very nicely done....Can't wait to see more!

Thanks for sharing!

Troy :-)

TeeJay
September 10th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Very Kewl :salute:

Aussie Warrior
September 12th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Excellent work

skitterz
September 12th, 2006, 09:57 PM
nice work

goose814
September 19th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Looks awesome. By the way, where can your Buck Rogers Starfighter be seen at?

Cinnamon
October 13th, 2006, 10:24 PM
That's a VERY pretty model, Brian! Nice to see one that's so clean and well detailed. What application(s) did you use, and what are your plans for this ship?

And I'd like to see your starfighter, too. ^_^

-jaime

Smallworld
October 17th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks everybody for the nice comments! I have been really up to my neck recently in work (a gentle euphemism!) and havn't had much time for anything, especially modeling.

This is modelled in Rhino 3, which is a nurbs modeller. I had to convert it to a mesh for texturing in UV Mapper pro, which turned out quite nice really.

I havn't textured the starfighter yet, just did the modelling. I'll post a pic later on.

Thanks again,

Brian.

Smallworld
October 17th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Here is a link to a pic of the Starfighter. Looking at it now, I really should get off my ass and do a nice paintjob!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/media/folder_6/file_290143.jpg

wizardofflight
October 17th, 2006, 09:57 AM
The viper and the Buck Rogers' Thunderfighter look great, very nice work.

Don't know if these would be of any use, but here is the link to my thunderfighter drawings that were done directly off a casting of the studio model.
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/wizardofflight/SSThunderfighter.html

Alan

Smallworld
October 18th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks Alan!
When I was researching the Thunderfighter I came across those drawings and used them as my references. Great stuff, invaluable for modelling. I'm not sure if they were on your site or elsewhere. I did a big net search and held onto anything usefull. I'm delighted to meet their originator. I will definitely do a texture job on it now. I had a plan to two the quad version too, might bring that forward now.

wizardofflight
October 18th, 2006, 09:07 AM
If you would like AutoCAD file of the thunderfighter or the Quad version just let me know and I can send them on over to you. My Quad drawings are based on the Momogram model. I have been meaning to do a studio scale version, but just too many other projects at the moment.

Alan
wizardofflight@comcast.net

Smallworld
October 20th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Hi Alan,
Thanks for the kind offer of the autocad files. That would be brilliant, I would love to see them. It would make modelling the ships a lot easier. I could send you the meshes when done if you like? I can read a .dwg no problem in Rhino. Any thoughts on a colour scheme? I know that creamy off white is "cannon", but I might try something different, maybe a tiger stripe scheme.
Cheers,

Brian.

gmd3d
October 20th, 2006, 04:07 AM
Great work there Smallworld .. I love the viper and the thunderfigter

gmd3d
October 20th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Great to see your here Alan .. I loved your drawing of Buck Rogers Starfighter and the Enterprise 1701 .... I hope to build the Enterprise myself in Lightwave I know many modelers use your pictures as the refs..

gmd3d
October 20th, 2006, 04:44 AM
If you would like AutoCAD file of the thunderfighter or the Quad version just let me know and I can send them on over to you. My Quad drawings are based on the Momogram model. I have been meaning to do a studio scale version, but just too many other projects at the moment.

Alan
wizardofflight@comcast.net

When I am finished building the BSG model in lightwave I am going to have a go at the Buck Rogers Ships .. Firs on my list is the Searcher then perhaps the quad fighter etc..

I would love to try the Draconia .. but there are no good refs around .. I seen the pics on some wed site but alas nothing realy good ....
:thumbsup: :salute:

Smallworld
October 20th, 2006, 10:59 AM
There are very few ref at all for Buck rogers bad guys. I wanted to do the bomber sled but couln't really get anything worthwhile.
Did I read somewhere that the Buck Rogers starfighter was Ralph McQuarries first try at a Viper, but the studio wanted something tougher looker so the classic was born?

gmd3d
October 20th, 2006, 12:16 PM
Yea that right it was the first design submited for the show.. Have to say I like Rogers Starfighter a tad more than the Viper .. only a tad that is .....