PDA

View Full Version : Officer's Grog Mugs Coming soon

spcglider
April 25th, 2006, 09:01 AM
ATTENTION!

All the Officer's Grog Mugs that were ordered and paid for have been SHIPPED OUT!!!

You should receive them in a few days.

Have a cold one on me! :beer:

-Gordon :colonial:

Hey everybody,

I will be making a limited run of Officr's Grog Mugs (the pewter mugs with the eagle heads on them).

Right now I'm looking at supplying them FINISHED. I know, I said I'd never do that, but hey.. rules are meant to be broken.

I have sculpted a completely new eagle and have acquired a supply of the proper style pewter tankards through many many auctions, yard sales, and thrift store searches.

I will be making them "clean", so you will be able to drink from them, but they will NOT be dishwasher safe. You will need to wash them by hand, gently and in warm water. The eagle will be resin and painted with automotive lacquer. It will
be attached with marine epoxy to the mug.

Like the ones on the show, they will be "left handers". :beer:

I will try to get some pics of the proto up soon.

Mugs will be $50 each shipped in the US.

-Gordon

BlueSquad2001
April 25th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Hey everybody,

I will be making a limited run of Officr's Grog Mugs (the pewter mugs with the eagle heads on them).

Right now I'm looking at supplying them FINISHED. I know, I said I'd never do that, but hey.. rules are meant to be broken.

I have sculpted a completely new eagle and have acquired a supply of the proper style pewter tankards through many many auctions, yard sales, and thrift store searches.

I will be making them "clean", so you will be able to drink from them, but they will NOT be dishwasher safe. You will need to wash them by hand, gently and in warm water. The eagle will be resin and painted with automotive lacquer. It will

-Gordon
Gordon, give me a call this is cool! :salute:

spcglider
April 25th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Thus begins the ordering of Officer's Mugs!

-Gordon

dilbertman
April 25th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Hey everybody,

-Gordon
So where's those photo's of the proto? I may need one if Mike & I go drinking.

Jim :beer: :beer: :beer: :barf:

spcglider
April 26th, 2006, 08:34 AM
so who can post an in-thread image for me?

-G :beer:

spcglider
April 26th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Okay, I just uploaded images of the Grog Mug prototype to the PHYSICAL MODELS gallery. It said they needed to be reviewed before they were officially posted, so its out of my hands now.

I'll be happy to send images via email to anybody who asks. Write to me at Spcglider@aol.com and I'll get you some shots.

-Gordon

And now... all the obscure smileys that most folks dont use:

:warrior: :smart: :cylon: :mushies: :star:

spcglider
April 26th, 2006, 12:43 PM
I just got the second half of the mold poured, so I guess this is a good a time as any to start taking orders for mugs!

I plan to start shipping by May 20.

Once again, mugs are FINISHED and cost $50.00 each shipped. As usual, I am eating the shipping cuz I want you all to have your own officer's club mugs! The mugs are pewter and of the exact make that was used in the show. The eagle will be resin finished with automotive gold paint and attached with marine epoxy to the mug.

I currently have 10 spaces open for orders. I may be able to make more later, but no guarantees at this point.

-Gordon :beer: :muffit:

BlueSquad2001
April 26th, 2006, 03:03 PM
I just got the second half of the mold poured, so I guess this is a good a time as any to start taking orders for mugs!

Once again, mugs are FINISHED and cost $50.00 each shipped. As usual, I am eating the shipping cuz I want you all to have your own officer's club mugs! The mugs are pewter and of the exact make that was used in the show. The eagle will be resin finished with automotive gold paint and attached with marine epoxy to the mug.

I currently have 10 spaces open for orders. I may be able to make more later, but no guarantees at this point.

-Gordon :beer: :muffit:Hey everyone!
Here are the pics of Gordon's Grog Mugs....and they are DEAD ON!!!!
The last pics are of the filming props. :D
http://i3.tinypic.com/wj9lj5.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/wj9ls4.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/wj9n9w.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/wj9no2.jpg

dilbertman
April 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM

-Gordon :beer: :muffit:
Put me down for one.

Jim

spcglider
April 27th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Reserve YOURS TODAY!!!

-G

BlueSquad2001
April 27th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Reserve YOURS TODAY!!!

-G
Already reserved 2!!! :D
And how do ya like da pics I posted Gordon? :salute:
Do I get a pat on the head and a cookie? ;)

dilbertman
April 27th, 2006, 01:11 PM
:oreo: :cookie: :milk: :hack:

Jim

spcglider
April 27th, 2006, 01:53 PM

I sincerely THANK YOU Michael, for the posting of images.

I am casting eagle heads today.

I also discvered that I have a set of FOUR pewter mugs that are not the official style, but are so similar that there's almost no difference. They are a bit crude-er in finish. I'm considering making them "rentable" for fan film folks. They'll look okay on film for sure, but they won't hold up to super close inspection. Either that or I'll drop them cheap just to get them out of the way.

-Gordon :thumbsup: :beer:

BlueSquad2001
April 27th, 2006, 02:14 PM
:oreo: :cookie: :milk: :hack:

Jim
LOL!!!!

spcglider
April 27th, 2006, 05:03 PM
Okay, I'm gone for the weekend.

I have three or four left. If you are interested, EMAIL ME at spcglider@aol.com and I will return your email with confirmation or denial on MONDAY.

-Gordon

dilbertman
April 27th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Got my order right.

Jim

spcglider
May 1st, 2006, 08:50 AM
Got my order right.

Jim

I believe so.

And we'll be looking very carefully at the placement of the birds in the next few days... I am informed that the BBS images are of mugs that have been "modified" and the birds shifted from their original placement.

More to come.

Suffice it to say that I'll be trying to make the mugs as accurate as possible.

-G :salute:

spcglider
May 1st, 2006, 02:03 PM
ATTENTION! The first run of ten grog mugs has been spoken for!

Because of the great response, I am going to commit to another run of ten in he near future! The VERY near future.

Its just a matter of obtaining another set of ten mugs! UGH!!

I'll let you know when they are available!

-Gordon

spcglider
May 7th, 2006, 01:41 PM
I hope to have the mugs shipped out by the end of this coming week... I'm ahead of schedule!

Good news!

-Gordon

dilbertman
May 7th, 2006, 02:02 PM
COOL!

Jim :thumbsup:

CBSG4ever
May 7th, 2006, 03:33 PM
ATTENTION! The first run of ten grog mugs has been spoken for!

Because of the great response, I am going to commit to another run of ten in he near future! The VERY near future.

Its just a matter of obtaining another set of ten mugs! UGH!!

I'll let you know when they are available!

-Gordon

Hello spcglider,
The mugs look very cool. If you are still planning a second run of 10 mugs, I would very much like to get 2. You can reach me at stephenallred@sbcglobal.net if you need to get hold of me on this. Again, awesome work. :salute:

spcglider
May 8th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Hello spcglider,
The mugs look very cool. If you are still planning a second run of 10 mugs, I would very much like to get 2. You can reach me at stephenallred@sbcglobal.net if you need to get hold of me on this. Again, awesome work. :salute:

it is proving harder and harder to get blank mugs of the proper type. I can still order them from the manufacturer, but they are $30 each plus shipping. I'd have to start charging $70 each for the mugs.

I am thinking about supplying finished, painted birds for folks to glue onto their own mugs. They'd probably be about $20 each. I'm just thinking about it. That's not an offer... yet.

-G :)

CBSG4ever
May 8th, 2006, 07:57 PM
it is proving harder and harder to get blank mugs of the proper type. I can still order them from the manufacturer, but they are $30 each plus shipping. I'd have to start charging $70 each for the mugs.

I am thinking about supplying finished, painted birds for folks to glue onto their own mugs. They'd probably be about $20 each. I'm just thinking about it. That's not an offer... yet.

-G :)

Understandable on the increase. $70 would still be OK. It's at the upper end of my price range, but within my allotted budget. I, personally, would prefer it complete, however. I would hate to muck it up in assembly. :cry: I trust your capable hands in that matter. Still count me down for 2, if you decide to make more that is. :salute:

dilbertman
May 8th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Hey everyone!
Here are the pics of Gordon's Grog Mugs....and they are DEAD ON!!!!
The last pics are of the filming props. :D
http://i3.tinypic.com/wj9lj5.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/wj9ls4.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/wj9n9w.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/wj9no2.jpg
Can anyone tell me if the Colonial Warror Arm Patch was on the other side of this mug? For some reason I think it was, but what do I know after 27 1/2 years.

Jim :?:

KamikazeAthena
May 8th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Can anyone tell me if the Colonial Warror Arm Patch was on the other side of this mug? For some reason I think it was, but what do I know after 27 1/2 years.

Jim :?:

No. I specifically remember that it was just the eagle heads.

dilbertman
May 8th, 2006, 09:08 PM
You know, I think I was thinking about a fan made mug someone did a few years ago. Same as this one, but made of glass and had a metal warrior patch on both sides. If anyone know what I'm talking about, please add to this or post a image if you have one.

Jim:?:

Something along the lines of this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battlestar-Galactica-Glass-Prop_W0QQitemZ6627697552QQcategoryZ37880QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

spcglider
May 9th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Images of the mugs can now be seen here:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=110084&pid=1241536&st=0&#entry1241536

For those who ordered, i'm going to try to get them out tomorrow.

-Gordon

spcglider
May 10th, 2006, 12:51 PM
In case it didn't show up at the top of the thread, THEY HAVE SHIPPED.

-Gordon