PDA

View Full Version : New galactica fan movie clip on battlestar Galactica fanfilms

KJ
March 27th, 2006, 02:32 AM
http://www.battlestarfanfilms.com/fanfilms.htm

Viper Planet Survey

A take it this was a test run or first time use of modeling effects for doing CGI movies right cos it looks so. Not too bad, even featured a camera eye first person view from inside the Viper before launch. Although unlike other fan movies this one didn't feature any battle scenes or lifted dialogue from episodes to flesh it out with the A-typical TOS Galactica feeling etc.

Its pretty good although blury in places. Has anybody seen this clip yet?

KJ

ernie90125
March 27th, 2006, 02:50 AM
KJ,

I've posted about including this on my site in the news forum....but thanks for another thread which always helps to boast exposure.

The fanfilm creator, a member here, does indeed say it was his first fanfilm. I think its a great start to a CGI animating future...and certainly some of the shots such as inside the cockpit are ambitious - and he pulls them off well ! We rarely see that sort of thing, and it certainly shows commendable ambition.

It didn't include any scenes or audio lifted from the show, just the theme in places. Again this is rare for a first fanfilm....aside from the music and models it was 100% his visuals. A great effort. It will be very interesting to see how this gentleman's fanfilm projects develop.

Best of Luck to him.......!!!!!!!!

Sept17th
March 28th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Hmmm, some more pretty stuff to look at when I get back to my room...cool.