Has/is any1 making this??

Stevew
March 25th, 2006, 05:13 PM
The real black bird? I did this many years ago
http://www.colonialfleets.com/stevew/Misspiks/HABU3.JPG
S :)

Score1_uk
March 26th, 2006, 01:55 AM
sorry, no, the 1 from battlestar galactica..........

raven096
May 1st, 2006, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't the blackbird only be different textures? I was the basic viper, a little longer, but the same core design

SilentOne
May 13th, 2006, 12:54 PM
The characters went into considerable detail pointing out what was wrong with the design before they found out that the craft was designed for speed and not dogfighting. So, the core design has some significant changes.

jf3000
May 23rd, 2006, 04:47 AM
So what does this blackbird look like then if its not the same as the normal blackbird?

Jeremy
June 17th, 2006, 03:50 PM
It has a long fuselage, with the cockpit placed far back, almost completly aft.
It has two wings mounted on the sides, but they don't look like wings, they look more like the Galactica flight pods.
The engines are mounted inside the wing.
It has few curves; the fuselage is mainly made of hard edges.
The skin is not made of metal, but rather carbon composites (rough texture), which makes it hard to see on DRADIS.
It is bainted entirely black.

Rudy Jahchan
July 15th, 2006, 12:43 PM
He is referring to a fighter introduced in TNS continuity.

Viper 1
September 4th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Hey there all,
As a note on this thread..... I will be attempting to make a master of this ship in scale with some of the new Viper Mk IIs in the near future.
That is, if somebody doen't beat me to it.
It's one of the only things introduced in the "New Show" :bg04: that I liked.

buckymsr
October 7th, 2006, 01:29 AM
The Blackbird... hm... I guess I will take a look at it.
It was not that complex in it's overall shape...

xodiaq
October 17th, 2006, 11:53 AM
OK, Im way too inept to model, I've been trying, I just cant build them...

For anybody who can do the deal and wants to hit the blackbird, an X-wing model is what you're going to want to pick up. The rear block is completely the same, the open wing fits the engine angle if you delete the top wing section and cut off the nose flat about 2 feet in from the end, maybe a smidge past the nose cap, then flatten out the canopy, as the X-wing dips into the body and the blackbird does not. Then its a matter of finding a similar engine or building one...

If you check out caps of "Phoenix" and the 2 Resurrection Ship eps you'll see what Im talking about. Its not a direct rip off, but the geometry is MUCH more similar than to a viper of any mark, esp that rear block. Good luck and I will bow to anybody who can do it, wish i could!

ETA: http://www.colonialfleets.com/darrell/viper_comparison1.jpg

After looking at the chart Warrior posted, the original Game Viper has the right front end for the Blackbird, but the back end is definitely an X-wing. If you happen to have both of those models, all you'd really lack are the DDG-62 engines in place of wings and youd have a picture perfect BB, i thinkā€¦

gc_nnguyen
November 25th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Has anyone made the Viper Scorpion coz that one looks wicked!