PDA

View Full Version : My Cylon Hat Rack!

spcglider
November 9th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Just got done building a cylon head kit and a nifty little dispaly stand for it. i hope to eventually get an eye circuit and warble sound board (and maybe a voice card) to make it complete. I doubt I'll ever have a full Cylon to display, but this will do just fine for now! Here's pictures! http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=99185

-Gordon :viper:

ernie90125
November 9th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Cool picture.........and idea.....

wjaspers
November 9th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Very nice.

spcglider
November 9th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Thanks fellas! :) :beer:

peter noble
November 9th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Sweet!

spcglider
November 10th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks!! I appreciate the compliments! :)

-Gordon

Fragmentary
November 11th, 2005, 01:55 PM
whoa, very cool idea. I see you have it at work, but I would think it would be more effective at home. I think it would go a long way toward keeping the household appliances in line.

Blender: Frack this! If he wants a margarita so bad, let him crush his own ice.

Microwave: No, no, no... look at the bookself. See what he did to that poor guy? And the TV remote has been missing for weeks.

:D

spcglider
November 11th, 2005, 01:58 PM
:rotf:

:salute:

-gordon

vip2021
December 23rd, 2005, 08:07 AM
Great job!

Lara
December 23rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Just got done building a cylon head kit and a nifty little dispaly stand for it. i hope to eventually get an eye circuit and warble sound board (and maybe a voice card) to make it complete.
-Gordon :viper:

Just the severed head is such a cool idea! On the stand is an eye grabber whereas a wall mount like a hunting trophy would have been kitschy.
I could seriously want one for my desk..especially if the light and sound is motion activated. Just the thing to get the attention of anyone walking past.

And, hey, plenty of respect here... :D :D

Cheers,
Lara

martok2112
December 24th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Way cool! :D

spcglider
January 9th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks again folks. i do intend on getting an eye circuit in there sooner or later, and if all goes well I'd love to have a voice chip too, but how much do I want to spend on it? That's the question.

Someday maybe I'll replace the head with a real chromed version...that'd make it super groovy.

-G

LUCIFER MAXIMUS
January 12th, 2006, 02:55 AM
Way Cool Gordon !

I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine
But for lack of table top space where I live I was going to
do mine as a wall mount
But i hope it dosent come off as Kitchy lol :cylon:
Im Making a base for my Lucifer head to sit on a table top with external power
when its not atached to the rest of the costume its part of
Cool Job Again Gordon ! :coolangel

Max Lucifer Maximus

spcglider
January 12th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks Max!

And welcome to the board!

-G

nono93
January 20th, 2006, 05:06 PM
cool a lot a people pay a lot for have it ^^

spcglider
January 23rd, 2006, 07:33 AM
cool a lot a people pay a lot for have it ^^

Yes, they probably would. Too bad! :D

This is one of the pieces I won't be replicating. This is a one-of-a-kind original and it's living at my house! ;)

But hey, I don't own the concept... there's nothing stopping anyone else from making their own version... a cooler version... a more spectacular version. Nothing at all.

You folks don't take enough credit for creativity. You could do something just as cool without relying on me. :salute:

-Gordon :cylon:

ernie90125
June 9th, 2006, 11:03 AM
The link no longer works, and I wanted to show it to a friend. Please can the image be made available again somehow ?

Thanks in advance.....

spcglider
June 9th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Email me at spcglider@aol.com and I'll just send you the jepgs!

-Gordon