PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin's Stepfather Is Dead

peter noble
August 23rd, 2005, 12:42 PM
Actor Ford Rainy dead at 96:

SANTA MONICA, Calif. | July 27, 2005 1:12:12 AM

Actor Ford Rainey, whose film, TV and stage career spanned more than 50 years, died of complications of a series of strokes in Santa Monica, Calif., at age 96.

Rainey died Monday at St. John's Health Center, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.

Rainey was well known to fans of TV, film and Broadway.

On the big screen, he appeared in The Sand Pebbles with Steve McQueen and Two Rode Together with James Stewart and Richard Widmark. On the small screen, he guest-starred on Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Route 66, Perry Mason and The Untouchables. He was the guardian of TV's The Bionic Woman, a general in M*A*S*H and a judge in The Waltons and Matlock. He most recently appeared on ER and The King of Queens.

Rainey made his film debut in 1949 in an uncredited role in James Cagney's White Heat.

He is survived by his wife of 51 years, Sheila Hayden Rainey, two sons, a daughter and five grandchildren.

A public memorial was being planned.

Gemini1999
August 23rd, 2005, 09:59 PM
Ohhhhhhhh......! :cry:

I really enjoyed watching Ford Rainey as Jim Elgin in episodes of The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman

Does anyone remember the pilot episode for the 60's SciFi TV series, Lost in Space? Ford Rainey played the President of the United States in a video transmission prior to the Robinsons lifting off for Alpha Centauri!

He'll live on in for many years to come....thanks to the timeless gift of DVD.

96 years old.....kinda puts us all to shame doesn't it?

What a long and interesting life he must have had!

Another talented actor heads for the great beyond...

Bryan

gmd3d
August 24th, 2005, 01:55 AM
A sad passing of a fine actor... 96 years on this world and 51 of those years married,
I remember him in MASH as they are showing the show at the moment in Ireland..

shugotenshi
August 24th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Sad to hear about his death.. I used watched mash all the time when I was younger...

captmiloman
October 2nd, 2005, 04:07 PM
Ford Rainy and Martha Scott(who portrayed Steve Austin's mother) are now gone. Talented performers. I believe Martha Scott was also in her 90's when she passed away.