PDA

View Full Version : V Remake Stalled At NBC

peter noble
August 5th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Source: mindpulse.com

The latest on the V situation is this: NBC has again stalled out. Partly because they were "worried that there was suddenly too much episodic sci-fi coming on this fall." Somehow they don't compute that V wouldn't be on until next year, wouldn't be constrained by the limited budget of an episodic, is a huge Brand Name with an enormous fan base, and will be around long after the new entries have probably faded away.

And if any of the new entries are at all successful, gee, doesn't that indicate a public appetite for such shows? Warners and I can't fathom NBC's thinking, although part of it likely has to do with their calamitous descent to Number Four and the loss of a billion dollars in ad revenue.

It's ironic, because NBC was at the bottom of the barrel when I did V originally. Brandon Tartikoff told me V was one of the key programming triumphs that helped turn the network around.

Ah, Hollywood.

The good news is that although NBC has relegated it to a back burner for now, we have strong interest from at least one other network, and there's even some interest in doing the sequel as a feature.

Continue to have patience and hold good thoughts.

xxx Kenny [Johnson, V creator]

shugotenshi
August 5th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Hollywood's short sighteness strikes again. I was looking forward to watching the new V...:Nsad:

nextceo
August 6th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I was too... But NBC hasn't necessarily been too smart with its programming on is flagship station lately either. Plus if you saw recently they are trying to cut costs, I can't imagine trying to add something as costly as V done right to their programming right now.

Fragmentary
August 6th, 2005, 01:37 PM
This is sad news. On the other hand, there is suddenly a ton of sci-fi showing up on the major networks. Maybe giving the bad stuff time to go away isn't a completely bad idea.

Aw screw that, bring back V!