PDA

View Full Version : Stand by to Attack!

Titon
June 26th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Still finding stuff on that old hard drive. This was done wayyyyyyyyy back in the glory days of BG.com. All meshes me! The old gemini in the background kind of looks sick to the present one. ;)

http://www.colonialfleets.com/titon/raiders2.jpg

Darrell Lawrence
June 26th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Which version is it that's sitting on my HD? The old one, of course :P:

Titon
June 26th, 2005, 03:15 PM
*hides behind rock*

gmd3d
June 26th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Fantastic work.. and this is you old stuff .. I have to work harder

Gemini1999
June 26th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Don -

That is so fabulous....! I love it!

More! MORE!

peter noble
June 26th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Yes, this is his old stuff and it looks great, just think for a minute what he's capable of now!

Blows your mind, doesn't it? ;)

Darrell Lawrence
June 26th, 2005, 03:27 PM
*hides behind rock*

Well... at least it's not UNDER *my* rock... finally :D

Titon
June 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Actually i stole the rock from Bryan when he wasn't lookin!

:)

gmd3d
June 26th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Im Thinking, I'm Thinking of going back to crayons :)

Lara
June 27th, 2005, 04:48 AM

Don't you dare!! :)

Just put it on the wall and say I want to be that good, and its great I'm in the same place as the person who made that pic becos this is my golden opportunity to learn from him.
To squander that chance is positively un CF!!
:D :D ;)

Cheers,
Lara

Gemini1999
June 27th, 2005, 08:33 AM

Taranis -

I understand the sentiment there.... I love to draw, but I don't have the resources or knowledge that you guys have to do CGI stuff, so I'm in awe at even the beginner level stuff.

As to the crayons - when I was in elementary school, I thought that I was pretty good with crayons, but I knew a boy that drew a picture of the ocean. He didn't use just a blue crayon, he used a variety of colors and it just made me want to crumple up what I was doing as it just didn't compare.

The funny thing is, that boy I knew that was so talented with the crayons - he became a musician!

Don't let someone else's talent become a brick wall to you - let it be the inspiration instead. I know that your CGI stuff is inspiring to me!

Best,
Bryan

gmd3d
June 27th, 2005, 09:02 AM
I just have to work harder :) :salute:

I have been playing around with the idea of doing some pictures of the 12 colonie planets. Starting with Kobol in a before and after images..

Its just an idea

gmd3d
June 27th, 2005, 09:10 AM
And thanks Lara and Gemini for your kind words... :)

shugotenshi
June 27th, 2005, 10:24 AM

I drew my very first starship in crayons. :thumbsup: It looked horrible. :D Please stay with cgi.

I have been playing around with the idea of doing some pictures of the 12 colonie planets. Starting with Kobol in a before and after images..

Its just an idea

:thumbsup: alright, you do the colonies in cgi and I'll do them in crayons. ;)

gmd3d
June 27th, 2005, 01:22 PM
I drew my very first starship in crayons. :thumbsup: It looked horrible. :D Please stay with cgi.

:thumbsup: alright, you do the colonies in cgi and I'll do them in crayons. ;)
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Its a deal :LOL: :salute:

XWing69
July 19th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Still finding stuff on that old hard drive. This was done wayyyyyyyyy back in the glory days of BG.com. All meshes me! The old gemini in the background kind of looks sick to the present one. ;)

Excellent work

TopGun
July 20th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Looking good, I should work on some models myself

amberstar
July 20th, 2005, 06:18 PM
:thumbsup: Your talent is amazing!

jewels
July 21st, 2005, 08:15 AM
Colonial movers. Always loved that ship.

Thanks for exploring your old drive. :D Keep working on your new stuff. ;)

Jewels

gpdesigner
July 21st, 2005, 06:47 PM
That's pretty tight for an old render . . . what version of LW did you use for that?
Tell a bit about the shot.
3d

Titon
July 21st, 2005, 06:59 PM
That's pretty tight for an old render . . . what version of LW did you use for that?

Actually i think i built most of those models in lightwave 5.6. Then migrated shortly there after to 6.0 which was a huge improvement over 5.6.

But in all honesty 5.6 is still an excellant modelor program since it was all about the basics.

:)

gpdesigner
July 22nd, 2005, 05:53 AM
But in all honesty 5.6 is still an excellant modelor program since it was all about the basics.
How is the render engine on tht compare to what is out now?
I have only ever used Inspire 3d, and when I jumped up to Lightwave it was to 7.0
3d

ff_a_r8hrefefef
September 1st, 2005, 06:47 PM

very, very nice, other than the lack of motion blur, you can't hardly tell this wasn't made just now recently, I salute you sir :salute:

Sept17th
September 3rd, 2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah, with a little motion blur I could work this into a fan film...if this is an animation.

Tabitha
September 8th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Im officially jealous, I wish I had that talent. If you could bottle that, it would make you a fortune!

tabbi