PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Director Martin Wood on Stargate Atlantis, Season 2; Opening episodes

Sci-Fi
May 31st, 2005, 04:17 AM
From The Great Link:

Martin Wood on Stargate Atlantis, Season 2; Opening episodes (http://www.greatlink.org/shownewsitem.asp?item=4683)

by Chris Howell
30 May 2005

An interview with Stargate Director Martin Wood can be located in Issue #190 of the UK’s TV Zone Magazine, in which Martin talks about Season 2 of Stargate Atlantis, here’s some more excerpts from the full interview:

Episode 2x3, ‘Runner’, "is all about, yes, you guessed it, running. It also marks the debut of our new regular character, Ronon Dex, played by Jason Momoa. He’s got a tracking device in his back that allows the Wraith to know where he is at all times, so he’s constantly on the move... [Ronon is] a terrific addition to the Atlantis team and is willing to do anything you ask of him."

"...Intermingled with his story is the return of Ford, or should I say ‘Super’ Ford. At the end of [The Siege, Part III], the lieutenant winds up with certain abilities he didn’t have before [mainly heightened senses of strength, hearing, sight and smell]. This year, Ford is a new character in that he’s no young Aiden Ford, with the boyish charm. He not only has an edge to him, but he’s nuts, too. It’s hard when you’re dealing with nuts, and even harder when you’re dealing with super nuts."

The final moments of 'The Siege, Part III' has Sheppard stalking Ford, who knows where his former commanding officer is because of his new abilities, and they face off again in ‘Runner’, "neither of them wants to kill the other, but they both have the drop on one another. In both cases it’s a Mexican standoff and Ford gets shot. He gets away as well."

As for ‘Trinity’, "McKay screws up royally and is unable to save the day. This story is a great character piece for both Sheppard and McKay. Their relationship is challenged in a big way and both actors had to wrestle with the change in their characters because of it. It’s a change that I think is wing-spreading for both Sheppard and McKay."

Later on there’s ‘Aurora’, which finds our heroes encountering an Ancient ship "and its full of Ancients."

Check out the full interview in Issue #190 of TV Zone Magazine, which includes comments from Martin about new cast member Jason Momoa and new recurring cast member Mitch Pileggi - and also photos from the new season.

:salute: :Nsalute:

Haveke
May 31st, 2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks for Keeping Us Informed of the Updates on Stargate Atlantis. :thumbsup: :salute: :stargate:

I've Not really had Much Time to Watch many Episodes of SGA, But from what Little I Have Watched, it Really Looks promising. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SG-1 was/is Starting to get a Little Old... Guess Some Writers don't know when its time to let a Show Ride off into the Sunset... :trek: :stargate:

Never Leave Your Wingman:wings:

Hey, This Kid Don't Sign On For No Oneway Mission...We're Coming Back! :warrior:

See You On the Flight Deck:coolangel: :wings:

Krystal
July 4th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I can't wait, both Stargate new seasons sounds just incredible. Counting the days to the beginning. :muffit:

Krystal:rose: