PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Brandon Routh in Superman Returns

Gemini1999
April 21st, 2005, 08:31 AM
Hey all -

I thought that some of you would like to see this pic. It's a pic of Brandon Routh, the actor that was chosen to portray Clark Kent/Superman in the Bryan Singer film, Superman Returns.

I have to tell you, the resemblence to Chris Reeve is scary!

http://img171.echo.cx/img171/2695/brandon64rd.jpg

Fragmentary
April 21st, 2005, 11:59 AM
Whoa!
You ain't kidding about the resemblence. :eek: That's downright creepy.

Spike The Cylon
April 21st, 2005, 01:51 PM
Whoa!
You ain't kidding about the resemblence. :eek: That's downright creepy.
Very.

jewels
April 21st, 2005, 01:58 PM
Amazing.

Anyone else getting chills about this?

Gemini1999
April 21st, 2005, 03:04 PM
Amazing.

Anyone else getting chills about this?

Julie -

There are lots more where that came from. I found them in a thread at the Superman Cinema BBoard:

http://p078.ezboard.com/fsupermancinemadiscussionchristopherreevesupermovies.showMessage?topicID=10799.topic

Just as a warning.....

There are *SPOILERS* to the storyline of the movie, so if you want to look at the pics, but don't want to know about the story, just browse on past any of the text.

Best,
Bryan

Fragmentary
April 21st, 2005, 07:52 PM
Hey Bryan,
Any pics of him in costume? I assume not since you would have posted one of those right. I really want to see if they've updated the look at all. Considering how much he looks like Christopher Reeve it almost seems like they should just use the same costume as the first film series.

Gemini1999
April 21st, 2005, 08:34 PM
Hey Bryan,
Any pics of him in costume? I assume not since you would have posted one of those right. I really want to see if they've updated the look at all. Considering how much he looks like Christopher Reeve it almost seems like they should just use the same costume as the first film series.

Terrence -

Nothing in costume that I could find.... I did find a cool website that's keeping up on the production of Superman Returns. It even has a countdown clock to the premieres of the movie in 2006. Bryan Singer is posting blogs there and they even have short video clips of different aspects of production - kind of like video blogs.

Check it out:

http://www.bluetights.net/

Enjoy!

Bryan

TopGun
April 22nd, 2005, 04:06 AM
man that is scary

Gemini1999
April 22nd, 2005, 07:12 AM
Hey Bryan,
Any pics of him in costume?

Terrence -

What a difference a day makes....

Here's an article (with a pic):

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2005-04-22-super-man_x.htm

and a full body pic (I found both at CA this morning):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/filezilla/SupesHi_001.jpg

Fragmentary
April 22nd, 2005, 04:04 PM
Hey cool!
Nice one Bryan. :salute:
I think that costume looks great. I mean, yeah it looks silly, but that's just out of context. It reminds me of the first photo I saw of the Spiderman costume. When it was just the actor standing on a set, you didn't know what to make of it, but when you see it in action on the screen, it looked perfect. I think this one will work the same way.

Darrell Lawrence
April 22nd, 2005, 04:58 PM
I like the new costume for a different reason-

This movie is about some major changes in Supes life, so a costume change isn't out of the question.

It's not a drastic change either, yet is enough of one to let Brandon stand on his own as Supes rather than be a Reeve clone, which would be unfair to Brandon (this coming from one of the hugest Reeve fans!)

gmd3d
April 23rd, 2005, 02:33 AM
Is the red cape a little purple or is it just me

BRG
April 23rd, 2005, 05:16 AM
Is the red cape a little purple or is it just me

It looks more burgandy than red, like the colour of the Washington Redskins. I'm not sure about the small insignia, the early art work all had a huge insignia taking up most of the chest. I still think Dean Cain's outfit was the best, but Reeve looked better as Superman.

But overall I like the outfit. It is differant enough for the new era, but is still a classic Superman outfit.

I can't wait to see the film! :)
BRG

gmd3d
April 23rd, 2005, 05:23 AM
It looks more burgandy than red, like the colour of the Washington Redskins. I'm not sure about the small insignia, the early art work all had a huge insignia taking up most of the chest. I still think Dean Cain's outfit was the best, but Reeve looked better as Superman.

But overall I like the outfit. It is differant enough for the new era, but is still a classic Superman outfit.

I can't wait to see the film! :)
BRG

yes I agree.. I like it too and when is the film going to be opening :salute:

BRG
April 23rd, 2005, 05:57 AM
The film has a US release date of June 30 2006. In the UK it is out on the 14th of July 2006. There was no listing for ROI.

Most other European countries have a release date around July 12-14, so I assume Ireland will be the same.
BRG

gmd3d
April 23rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
Sounds about right BRG. I am looking forward to this film.... :salute:

TopGun
April 24th, 2005, 03:37 AM
can't wait to see the movie